The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic will potentially impact people's lives on a daily basis. These are challenging and unprecedented times, but by following Government and NHS guidance, you can play your part in helping to protect your family, friends and local community, by helping to stop the spread of the virus.
The Share2Care Local Health and Care Records (LHCR) programme has supported the Cheshire and Merseyside (C&M) and Lancashire and South Cumbria (L&SC) COVID-19 response, evidenced by:
- Share2Care supported both the CIPHA (Combined Intelligence for Population Health Action) Programme (PHM response for COVID-19 in C&M) and the L&SC Local Resilience Forum (LRF) Programme (PHM response for COVID-19 in L&SC).
- COVID-19 has accelerated availability of records throughout regions and triggered clinical engagement streams for publication of more data.
- COVID-19 has accelerated normalisation through work on Covid-19 response-related business intelligence (BI) tools, particularly within the L&SC region, which will be utilised in the C&M region.
Local Place Based COVID-19 programmes:
- The Cheshire and Merseyside NHS COVID-19 Response – An article on the Combined Intelligence for Public Health Action programme can be viewed on the Cheshire and Merseyside Health and Care Partnership website:
- Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS COVID-19 Local Resilience Forum – details can be gained from the Healthier Lancashire ICS website: https://www.healthierlsc.co.uk/
Advice for the public:
What Should I Do If I Have Symptoms?
If you have any of the following symptoms you should stay home and self-isolate for at least 10 days:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature (37.8C or over)
- A loss or change of smell or taste
To protect others you must stay at home (don’t go to work, school or public places, use public transport, go out to get food and medicine, have visitors in your home or go out to exercise) and book a test as soon as possible to check if you have Coronavirus. Do not hesitate to call 111 if you are worried or feel you need further assistance. You can access more advice online by visiting: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
If you or another member of your household starts to present with Coronavirus symptoms, you should arrange a test as soon as possible online at: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test , or call 119.
For more details and updates on the work the Cheshire and Merseyside Health and Care Partnership are doing to support the rollout of the Coronavirus vaccination across Cheshire and Merseyside footprint, please visit: